- · The New Pampers diaper Pants has cute and unique graphics on them.
- · They are as smooth as talcum powder giving a silky feeling.
- · The all around waistband of the diaper pant is soft but at the same time it has snug fit so the fluid does not spill out.
- · The baby lotion on it is also very safe.
Saturday, 3 October 2015
Sunday, 27 September 2015
Mandira started explaining to us that how important it is to have a diaper which is soft & dry, which a baby can hardly notice. There few inputs from the other experts too. Mandira & Tara shared their motherhood experiences. Tara also shared couple of her son’s childhood videos. Ajita explained for a baby’s healthy growth, his interaction with environment is very important. But for that the baby needs to be free from that soggy and heavy feeling of the diaper. Pampers is the right product for a growing baby.
Pampers R & D expert Dr. Wei Sing Long explained the unique features of the NEW Pampers Premium Care Pants with demonstration. They are called 5 star skin protection
- Soft materials/ fabrics – here she made us feel the diaper from inside .
- All around waistband and soft cuffs.
12 hours of dryness – here she filled a test tube
with a blue liquid and adding some absorbing agent and withing few seconds we
saw that the liquid had become like a gel and never dripped out of the test
tube. This proves that pampers core quickly absorbs helping keep wetness away
from the skin to help skin protection. * According to me, this is one of the
main highlight and superb feature of the diaper.
Indicator – During showcasing of this feature,
all 4 experts moved to the Demo table and showed us that after pouring lot of
fluid, nothing spills out and how gradually the indicator outside the diaper
turns from yellow to blue and its time for the parent to change the diaper J
Wednesday, 26 August 2015
In today's world, Parenting is so challenging. I remember when i was a kid, there were few games which we played at all ages. Games like hopscotch, kho kho, dog and the bone and more like these are just fading away. A week back i met few friends with their kids aged between 4 to 6 years for a playdate. To my surprise none of the kids knew the game Dog and the bone. But all the kids knew games like candy crush saga, subway surfer , fruit ninja, car racing and all the games that we play either on mobile phones or Tabs or Ipads.
Its a new trend where moms are discussing that what all games have they downloaded on their gadgets. But very few or rather none ever discusses what physical activity did her child do except for classes. I mean classes like football, cricket, skating are really needed at the age of 3 or 4 years? Taking kids to parks and garden is alsofading away.
I agree kids are playing football, cricket, Lego. BUT ALL ON THE GADGETS. Why is it that Moms want their kids to attend all those classes which are happening around? Why cant we sit with our kids and play all those games which we played as a child?
I was surprised to hear about a class where the kids of age 6 to 7 years are taught how to increase writing speed. Isnt thats we as parents need to work on?
There are literally competitions between moms as to how many classes her child goes for. I understand in 21st century, kids are super active and absorbs things from their environment faster than how we learnt as a child. But that doesnot mean that we keep sending kids to all possible classes and miss out on "we" time.
The concept of going for Picnics has just vanished. Why are we(adults) not doing all those things which our parents did for us when we were kids?
Wednesday, 24 June 2015
I just love the way he loves his wife. Even when he is angry, only his love for mom can be seen.
Sunday, 7 June 2015
" Any man can be a Father but it takes someone special to be a Dad. "
I, truely believe this.
Earlier( a decade ago) father's duty was to spend time with his children only on sundays since he was busy with his job or business on other days. Most of the fathers didnot remember how their child grew up. Fathers missed many important days of a child's life like first day at school, first performance on a stage, child's report days and many more. I have known families where father didnot know the child's grade.
But, now things are changing amazingly. Today most dads even change diapers. They are at par with moms. They love doing what they are doing.
Dads take kids to parks and play dates. They plan movies and even a short holiday with the child. Whether the mother is a working woman or a housewife, dads actively participate in a child's growth.
It feels so good to see Dads attending school's academic orientations, report days in large numbers. Few schools are even organising a father child day where the child goes with his papa n spend the day at school doing all fun activities.
Fathers too are very informative in imparting knowledge to the child on all possible topics.
Nowadays, dads are more like a friend than a father. Kids are so free with their fathers that they ask any questions to them without any hesitation. I donot remember ever calling my dad by his name (not even for fun). But today, kids give so many different names to their dads.
As most of the culture has pro's and con's , i would like to mention here that The western is influencing for good.
It is very important that the child should always respect his parents apart from being friendly with them.
Monday, 4 May 2015
With the lifestyle that we are living in and the kind that we are giving to our children, it is very necessary that we inculcate few things in them as and when, while they are growing up. We, as parents are more open and frank with our kids. We impart maximum knowledge to them. Most of us go to any extent to give them best of knowledge.
* As a mother to a son, it is important for me to teach him that every woman needs to be respected. Whether friend, sister or soulmate; all need to be treated equally as your male friend.
* Protect and respect every girl but donot loose your self respect.
* Yes, he needs to be independent and that means he willnot be spoon-fed at every stage of his life.
* He has to learn to take his own decisions and fulfill his own dreams.
* I will be there to support him but only if he works hard for it.
* Fight for yourself but never hurt someone.
* Respect elders by listening to them. *Money isnot everything in life, there is something called relations. Never compare relations with money.
* Donot betray anybody's trust at any cost.
* Sometimes its good to lie but for the benefit of others.
Last but not the least, never forget to look after your parents in their old age. We will try our best not to bother you but God forbid if the need arises, please be kind to us.
Every parent is very confident about their child. But it is very essential that we prepare them for their future from their childhood.
Thursday, 16 April 2015
Summer has begun. Most of the kids have school going on. Here are few drinks which can save kids from dehydration :
1. Sweet lime water with a pinch of salt.
2. Jaggery water with little bit of lemon in it( for sweet n sour taste)
3. Saunf (aniseed) water
4. Glucon D water. Nowadays many flavours are available for kids to experiment and enjoy.
5. Coconut water can also be given.
6. Mint lemonade - Add crushed mint leaves to the sweet lime water for 10minutes and then strain out the leaves.
7. Watermelon lemonade - In a mixer, cut watermelon into small pieces, remove the seeds, add lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Blend it n serve.
8. Smoothie - This is every child's favorite. Cut 2 to 3 different types of fruits and blend it in a mixer. Add orange squash. It is just yummy..
9. Pink Panther - IN a glass of water, add 2 to 3 tsp of rose syrup and 1 tsp lemon juice. Mix it well and serve.
10. Our favorite since our childhood, RAW MANGO JUICE or famously knows as 'aam panna'. This can also be tried with kids.
* If you donot have any of the above ingredients then can soak orange skin in water for 2 to 3 hours and serve it chilled. The orangey flavour in drink will be enjoyed by the kids.
This drink can be drunk instead of regular water.
My above drinks are water based since it is safest with younger kids. But if you serve aerated drinks to your kids then cold drinks can be added too..
I have tried most of the drinks with Pratham and he enjoys them thoroughly. Sometimes with fancy snacks, he also carries these fancy drinks to school.
Tuesday, 14 April 2015
Manipulating is one of the important aspect of our lives. Most of the time of our day to day life just goes in managing, arranging or manipulating activities or people. We want to make sure that everyone is happy except your ownself. But there are few people around who will always send negative vibes.
My idea for this blog isnot to write bad about others but somewhere i felt that i must share how being 'a sit at home mom', a home maker faces troubles..
Juggling between Pratham's school, extra curricular activities and home is a task. After putting in so much efforts, at the end of the day when you have to hear that i am the one who is creating problems and spreading rumours, puts me off. This is the time you need your near and dear ones and perfect time to know who are your well wishers.
But motherhood teaches to be patient and hv faith in oneself. Never lose hope and keep trying.
Best way to boost yourself up is :-
1. Listen to your choice of music. It could be bollywood songs, light instrumental music or may be nursery rhymes.
2. Eat favorite chocolates (dont think about calories)
3. Watch a movie of the favorite genre.
4. Read a book or magazine or newspapaer.
5. Solve a puzzle or play a game.
For me the best way to cheer up is to clean or reaarrange the wardrobe.. It is so relaxing that i forget all my worries and troubles.
There are many more ways to boost up your day. It all depends on the person and nature of the problem :)
Its the mind who is playing games with us.
Sunday, 12 April 2015
Its a struggle for almost every mom to decide whats to be given for the school snacks. Right now im in the club waiting for my husband. So in my free time i was just thinking what should i give pratham tomorrow for his bus snacks. Though he has opted for school snacks but he loves to carry a tiffin box to share with his bus buddies. Here are the few ones which i feel are easy,delicious and most importantly healthy.
1. Small idlies with a topping like tomatoes and capsicum.
2. Rava dhokla in different shapes (cookie cutter can be used to make different shapes)
3. Fruit salad - 2 to 3 fruits of different colours cut into different shapes.
4. Cheese or jam sandwiches cut into different shapes (use whole wheat bread)
5. Dry fruits like almonds, peanuts, raisins,cashewnuts.
6. Vegetable parathas or aloo parathas.
7. Salads like paneer with cucumber and tomatoes.
8. Thepla and cheese roll.
9. Different varieties of rice like yellow rice or lemon rice or rice in pesto sauce.
10. Baked samosa or baked veg pattice.
And to top it all, once in a while, can surprise the child with a goodie like chocolate or candy, and then see the smile on his face.. You will do anything to just see that happiness on his face..